Pad not found in footprint

This topic has been posted a number of times in the past and I’ve read through many of them. Further, I have successfully made many, many footprints in the past (I only use footprints that I have made or validated). But… this footprint is giving me problems…

I’m using KiCad V5.1.5-0-10-14 on a Mac Mojave 10.14.6.

The symbol has five pins, two of which are dual numbered, giving seven pins numbered 1 through 7. The footprint has seven pads numbered 1 through 7 but still I get the error messages that pads 1 through 7 cannot be found in the footprint.

Here is a link to a number of files showing the situation. File names are self-explanatory.

Any advice is welcome…
AC

This does not work as expected:

In KiCad speak this means there is a single pin with pin number “1,2”.
Pin “numbers” for KiCad are not just numbers, but (at least upto) 4 characters alfanumeric strings. This is for example used in BGA’s where the balls have “chessboard” coordinates.

It does not mean that pin1 and pin 2 are connected to the same MOSfet pin.
This is also reflected in the ERC report that mentions a single pin 1,2 with an error.

Possible solutions are to draw both pins in the schematic symbol, or modify the footprint to have 2 pads with the same pin number for those double pins.

Many thanks for your prompt response.

I’ve redrawn the symbol with each pin explicitly drawn. No change to the footprint. I still get the error.

ERC, by the way, did not reject my previous symbol.

Here is a link to the files so you can see what I did.

Regards,
AC

Read the error messages.

PCB update is complaining about “Q2” while your transistor seems to have a RefDes “Q” without a number.
It’s also complaining about pad numbers not found in some footprint, and there is no info of the footprint.

On top of that, I find working from png images from some external misty server a bit annoying. If you gain a bit of “experience” on this forum, you can zip your KiCad project and upload it here and I’ll have another look at it.

I’ve solved the problem by creating a new footprint. Exactly the same but it is now fine. So the original footprint is corrupted somehow.

Thanks,
ac

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.