Overly zealous auto-scroll?

I’m running KiCad v 5.0.0-rc2-dev-310 with “modern toolset” on MacBook Pro with macOS v10.13.3.

In pcbnew, in “pointer” mode (not dragging anything, not routing, etc), when I bring the cursor to the edge of the main window, it starts to scroll. The real issue is that when I move the cursor out of the main window, it continues to scroll off into infinity.

I don’t recall this always happening.

Have I mis-configured some preference?

The Windows build also does this sometimes. The scroll trigger zones seem to be too large. You really only want a narrow zone very close to the edge

I found a bug. What now? <

Rene:

Thanks for the link. As a relatively new user of KiCad, I wanted to make sure that I hadn’t mis-configured anything before reporting it as a bug.

In this specific case, quitting and restarting KiCad makes the problem go away. And since I don’t (yet) know how to replicate the problem, I can’t (yet) create a useful bug report. Once I figure that out, I’ll create an entry in the bugtracker.

• ff

On Windows and Linux pressing ESC gets out of this state. Once you get into this mode, you cannot easily select an icon on the top or right.
The “Add dimension” icon lower right side seems a good way to trigger this.

Reported as bug in https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad/+bug/1763860

They are asking for your version details on Launchpad
Help - About - Copy Version Info

Done. I didn’t notice the “copy version info” button before…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.