Outline around Pad

Just try a simple shape - very simple shape. Your image is not simple, nor closed

Once you get it to work with very simple shape, then start tweaking…

I have no clue about the shape inside my drawn red-lines and your shape should be closed (my big white squares with white oval around them showing what you need…

That is a polygon shape that the teardrop plugin creates

I figured that. When you have a problem doing it my way (without that plugin) then, I may be able to help further. Until then…

2 Likes

Thanks again.
I guess the main value the plugin brings is that I don’t have to create a manual polygon for each connection, it adds it on. But obviously there is an issue.

Once you successfully make the Footprint, you can place it on the PCB
Then,
Right-Click it
Pads>Copy

Then, select all desired Pads you want to change, then
Right-Click in window, Pads>Paste Pad Properties

Then, if needed, Select desired pad, R (to rotate it as needed)

And, obviously, you can select/copy one that you’ve already rotated then, paste pad properties ot others…

Qu1ck told the reason for the problem. The plugin hasn’t been made with netless designs in mind. You have to add nets in one way or another. Setting clearance to 0 isn’t a right way to solve problems.

1 Like

Thx. Gonna give that a try too.

From your earlier screenshot:

If you have a schematic and netlist, you can set the net of the teardrops to the same net as the pads and tracks. I’m guessing that if you had net names, the teardrop script would have added the right net names to the teardrops.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.