Opinion needed - copy/paste footprint between libraries

It happened again…
When copying Footprints between libraries, Footprint editor does not update “current” footprint to recently made copy.
To me, it’s not intuitive. When I’m doing copy-paste of the footprint, I somehow expect that I’m starting to work on a copy and not on the original footprint, which is not the case.
Instead, after doing Paste footprint (to a new lib), I need to select it (double-click) to change current fooprint to the copy.
What’s the opinon of other users? Every time i do copy/paste footprints, it bites me…

1 Like

What’s the opinon of other users?

You are right, it’s annoying. Especially because the symbol-editor is the other way around.
You could support my gitlab-issue different behaviour for copy/paste between symbol editor/footprint editor (#11398) · Issues · KiCad / KiCad Source Code / kicad · GitLab.

Every time i do copy/paste footprints, it bites me…

So I’m a little bit better. I have a chance of 50% to remember to switch to the new footprint copy prior to modify it… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow, it even is fixed now :slight_smile: in real time, thanks to @JeffYoung

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.