Odd behavior of project tree display

I created a new project
The project has a hierarchy so has several SCH files listed in the project tree
But some things are wrong:
1 - one of the SCH files is missing form the list - why did this happen and how do I get it back into the list
2 - inside the tree, for some reason another file was added with a PRO suffix. The file name is similar to one of the SCH files - why did it happen and how do I remove it?

This does not seem to be the case:
I have a root sheet with 7 hierarchical sheets drawn in it.
Each one of them has a file created (can see it in the project disk folder), but only one of them (in addition to the root sheet) appears in the project tree.
Opened with an editor the sch file of the root sheet and each of the hierarchical sheets appears in it.
Thought that it was due to the fact that the sheets are still empty so placed a component in one of them - no change.
So question remains - how do I get them to be displayed (the only way now to access each sheet is to enter the root sheet and go into the sub sheet from there)

KiCad only display root sheets in the project folder. If you have non-root file displayed it is because it is not referenced in the project sheet, there is no other reason. Check spelling, case exactly.

That is the only way, and the only intended way by design.

3 Likes

Thanks.
First of all it is good to know that I should see the root file only because the fact that I saw several and then some not really confused me as I thought all should be displayed.

I did check and could not see any difference in names between the file names and the names displayed in the tree. I simply now deleted them manually so only the root sheet is listed.

I am quite sure that it is the program that generated this error in an inconsistent way - I simply inserted several sheets to the top sheet, and for some of them it created an entry in the project tree - I will look now closer when I create sub sheets to see if this happened as I think it did.

1 Like