'Null' footprint needed?

Hello, I have a daughter PCB that fits on top of another PCB sharing pins (actually it’s a Teensy with the Audio Board on top). I need the Audio Board in the schematic with pins connected to the Teensy, but I don’t have or want a footprint for the Audio Board on the PCB.

How can I avoid the net list errors? A sort of ‘null’ footprint that doesn’t show?

Many thanks.

Have a look at this thread which suggest a way of managing this (and the side effects that you might need to take into account).

Copy & paste from the Eeschema user manual.

The symbol reference is #+5V. The reference text is not important except the first character which must be # to indicate that the symbol is a power symbol. By convention, every symbol in which the reference field starts with a # will not appear in the symbol list or in the netlist and the reference is declared as invisible.

This is a bit of a hackish method, some don’t like it, and it originated as a use only for power symbols.

Again, many thanks for the replies.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.