Not able to compile KiCad on Centos 7

Hi All,

I’m trying to compile, kicad for centos 7.9, getting too many dependencies error. Is their direct package for Centos 7.9 to install.

Also I’m posting my error while compiling the kicad. kindly some one help to fix the problem.

$ sudo cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/apps/kicad517/ -DwxWidgets_USE_DEBUG=ON -DCMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE=ON …/…/

– KiCad install dir: </usr/local>
– Check for installed GLEW – found
– Boost version: 1.58.0
– checking for module ‘ngspice’
– package ‘ngspice’ not found
– ngspice configuration file /usr/local/include/ngspice/config.h found.
– Check for installed Python Interpreter – found
– Python module install path: lib/python2.7/site-packages
CMake Error at CMakeModules/FindwxPython.cmake:62 (message):
Unknown wxPython/Phoenix version string: 2.8.12.0 (gtk2-unicode)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
CMakeLists.txt:716 (find_package)

Centos 7 uses a fairly old gcc compiler (version 4.xx).

For compiling ngspice, you will need to add -std=c99 to the CFLAGS in the ngspice ./configure statement. However I do not have a compilation setup for KiCad, so I do not know where there is the proper place to set it.

There is some hint that the original gcc (4.5) will not do with recent ngspice, see https://sourceforge.net/p/ngspice/discussion/120973/thread/b679703bdd/#07d8

the error message implies you have enabled wxpython_phoenix, which is for python3

Hi can you please guide me for proper step to install kicad on centos 7.x
If I uninstall wxpython error i get is wxpython not found.

Do you need python support? If not, try cmake -DKICAD_SCRIPTING=OFF -DKICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=OFF

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.