No menu and context-menu icons on Antergos-Linux

Hello there,

I’m just starting with KiCad and going to use it mainly under Linux (Antergos).
Unfortunately I can’t see the icons beside the menu-points (in the main-menus and context-menu) in both schematic and board.

I’ve tried Cinnamon and Gnome as desktop-environments.

Is there an option in the programm to enable those icons or do I need to start the programm with some special parameters.
Attached are two screenshots of kicad on my device.

Thanks
Marco

The second screenshot:

I don’t see these icons either. Never needed them, not necessary for work.

Sure, you don’t really need those icons for work, but especially as a newby to the software they come in pretty handy and it would be really nice to have them…

Edit:
Just tried Ubuntu in a VM - no symbols after the normal installation, but this helped:

But it doesn’t under Arch.

Seen these?

Yeah, I have allready tried this - but the hint to lxappearance set me on the right path.
lxappearance itself didn’t work (settings were lost) but then I thought about looking into the standard cinnamon-settings.
There under the themes settings I found the two buttons for symbols in menu/button (I have to re-check on another pc if they were there all the time).

So thanks for leading me towards lxappearance as this lead me to the right thoughts :grin:

I found this problem in Fedora 30 with KDE Plasma. Solved the problem by going to: System settings -> Application Style -> Gnome/GTK Application Style -> Behaviour

Enabled: “Show icons in GTK buttons” and “Show icons in GTK menues”