No footprint are associated with the symbols after upgrade version

Resistors have no default footprint, because there are just too many to choose from.

Exactly. But OP says that in V5 symbols (including Resistor) had associated footprints.

Thanks mf_ibfeew,

To debug this on your system:
- Are you able to open the footprint libraries in the footprint editor?
no, no footprint is visualized

- What happens if you delete the library from the footprint library table and subsequently add the library? (using the Preferences–>Manage footprint libraries… dialog).

- What happens if you (just for testing) create a new personal library, create some test-footprint and associate your symbols with these footprints? Does that work?
Yes … it Work !!!

**- you could also use my attached gitlab-bugreport library, which includes some footprints to play with: **
0IBF 00 library bugreport.zip (46.5 KB). Download, unzip, and add the folder as new “global library” to your Footprint library table.
This also work !

And I just see that you have migrated from old v5 to v7. There was a FP library change - maybe you have to set the library-type differently in the Manage footprint libraries… dialog.
:thinking: It seems to me i have assigned the right path but I’ll try to reassign path library …

Thanks paulvdh,
I have only /usr/share/kicad/footprints/ directory, and table path in the footprint editor preferences point to it.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.