New Page layout pagelayout_default.kicad.wks

Hello, and thank you in advance for any helpful hints. The basic question is: How do I set a new default page layout for schematics. I realize that this is an old topic, but I think that a lot has changed with KiCad version 5 and I could not follow the suggestions in that thread. I must be missing something very simple because you have provided such convenient tools for creating a new page layout, but I cannot figure out how to invoke it. So!

Using the Worksheet Layout Editor was straightforward. I keep looking for an equally straightforward way of setting the newly created pagelayout file as the default. Or, if not the default, as the desired page layout for my current schematic.

The first thing I attempted was to use the PREFERENCES | CONFIGURE PATHS to change both the Kicad template and kicad user template directories to point to my page layout - no joy.

Next, I deleted the default pagelayout file in program files\ KiCad\ share\ kicad\ template\ pagelayout_default.kicad_wks and replaced it with my desired file and confirmed that this file is my desired page layout. I exited KiCad and still get the old default schematic page layout when starting a new project.

Thanks again

You can set the page layout in eeschema under File > Page Settings…

Ah! thank you - the “Page layout description file” - got it.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.