New font appear

Hi,
I’m using kicad 8.99. When I block all schematic, then drag it. After release, I notice the font is changed into somewhat monotype with dot inside the zero char.

The font looks good with antialiasing, but looks shadowed when zoomed out.

I personally prefer this font. Maybe because the default font looks overused. However, I cannot found this font in my system, so it is not installed.

Any one know what font is this?

The “Ubuntu Mono” font has dots inside of zero’s. You can also view the properties of a text string to show which font is used.

I’m not sure what this means:

What is “Block all schematic”?
When the font changes just by moving a block of text (If that is what you do) then it looks like a bug, regardless of whether you like the “new font”. But work on V8.99 is just getting up to speed now, and new features are unlikely to work satisfactory at this moment.

Block means select using “block selection”, indeed that is a bug i think.
When I select or click the object, the font returned to whatever it assigned. So the properties always shows the font it assigned, which is default font.

I’ve Installed Ubuntu Mono. However, the aliasing is not applied. So it not readable on real zoom (Z 1), Some shape is very thin and not rendered. Only more zoom can do (Z >= 3.81). The default font has full width line (shape). And readable on any zoom.

However, the behaviour ( block select n drag ) may different on different system. The ‘preview bug’ I mentioned before occur on my work PC, using win 11.

On my home PC, currently used, using win 10, is not occur.

Both has same KiCad version, 8.99.0-166-g4602a27eb8.

Try switching to High Quality Antialiasing

Ok, thanks. Now it looks good. I’m using ‘fast anti aliasing’ before to reduce GPU usage. Looks like the effect is negligible since i’m using sub-schematic extensively. For PCB, i’m just change the setting again.