Netlist Sync betwwen Schema and PCB

Hello,

I am using net list inspector to rename Net names to significative custom names, within PCB editor.
It works nice.
But it does not sync with EESchema net names. Or I am missing “how to do it”.
If I do “Update PCB from EESchema” the old soft generated net names rewrite my custom names given in PCB rename.
My I access EESchema net names via IDE ?

Is there a way to keep both in sync ?

Thanks so much,
Horacio

When you make changes to net names in the PCB editor, you then need to use the “Update Schematic from PCB” tool to bring your changes back from the PCB into the schematic. This is the reverse direction from the usual “Update PCB from Schematic” tool.

“Update Schematic from PCB” is in Eeschema’s Tools menu.

Thanks Gkeeth !

I do that, but it does not work back.

From EESchema I do Export>Netlist, and I get back the old software generated Net names.

Weird…

Any interactice way to browse Netnames from within EESchema, like Net Inspector from within PCB Editor ?

Or a full reinstall ?

Thanks so much !
Horacio

If you want to give your name to net why not just place net label at schematic?

I know you can add labels, but it still would be nice you could see all the nets in EESchema and edit them, much like you can do with other list of objects.

Another idea is that when applying a net label, that you would be able to select from a list of existing custom named nets. Otherwise you could inadvertently misspell a custom net name when you need to address it elsewhere, such as for buss branches.

Did you use the Update PCB from Schematic method going forward though? If you use the very deprecated export netlist, import netlist method, going backwards might not work.

I never write the net name second time. When I place something (like WIZNet W5500 (SPI-etherenet IC) connected to bus with 7 wires I name these wires and copy each label and place them somewhere at schematic as labels to be used later. When I have wires for them I move them there.

Thanks for all the help.
SOLVED using Net Labels, it runs nicely both in Schematic and PCB

Great !

That’s a nice idea. Still, would be nice if there was pull-down menu to apply an already named net.

When you became older and older you learn how to avoid your potential mistakes. :slight_smile:

When you’re young you say:

What could go wrong?

When you’re older you say:

What could go wrong?

:wink:

My Profile Picture is from times when I was saying “What could go wrong?” :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.