Need help laying out a footprint for a socket

100pin QFP.zip (135.6 KB)

Quick question on sending the Gerber files out; do I have enough here for them to produce the board?

I don’t see solder masks.
It’s a good idea to create a Gerber sub directory, just to contain Gerber and Echelon files. Your board house doesn’t need the KiCad files

1 Like

Also tick ‘use protel extensions’ and ‘4.6 format’ in the plot dialog as of now it won’t be clear how you did order you 4 layers there.
And yeah, solder masks are missing.
And drill map files are usually in .drl format, not .gbr

results in this:

1 Like

It doesn’t hurt to add a readme.txt file, documenting the layer stack on 4 layer and more boards. Don’t make the pcb house guess what you wanted to do

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions!

Stack up also belongs alongside any fabrication notes. I usually drop a few blocks of text in the Dwgs.User layer and use it like a FAB Note/Board Dimension layer, then it’s contained within the layout itself, which makes it harder to “lose” than a text file.

1 Like

Thanks for all the help, the board has been sent in. Is there a rule of thumb for not looking at the design until the board comes back, ha.

Looking is fatal, you are bound to find something wrong with silkscreen references etc and then end up worrying about it

3 Likes

Merci beaucoup pour ce socket