Need help identifying connector part

I have an SMD Board 2 Board 60 pin connector. Can anyone help me identify the connector type? I would like to interface with that connector, does anyone know if it’s a standard part, where can I get it and how I can connect a short extension cable to it?

Thanks,
printf

It might be a Hirose DF-12 series connector, you would need to measure the pin pitch and mating height to make sure.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot.
The height of the male board to top is 3mm, the socket seems to be 2mm.
The pin pitch might be 0.46mm

Looks like this one.

2 Likes

Jos and GPF_Chris, thank you very much for the replay. But the top and bottom edges of the female side don’t have a bump that goes all the way to the other side, and the DF-12 do have it. See the picture for the difference.
top_and_bottom_edge

Hi Assaf_Nativ,
Try out the parametric search functions on one of the major suppliers sites and you should be able to narrow it down quickly, either DigiKey, Mouser or Element14.
After you have searched for the generic part ie. “board to board” or “stacking” you can then search by parameters.

2 Likes

Shameless plug, but next time you’re looking for connectors you can try this to help narrow down.
https://www.digikey.com/en/resources/connectors/index

There’s also a whole part identification section of DK’s forum that has somewhere upward of 81 eyeballs on it. https://forum.digikey.com/c/part-identification

4 Likes

Thanks, everyone, for the very useful links.
I think my connector is either:
60R-JMDSS-G-1-TF(S)(LF)(SN)
or
60RF-JMCS-G-1B-TF(N)(LF)(SN)
I got to that mostly by reviewing many photos. I’ve compared the tiny details on the edge of each connector.

Don’t want to veer off-topic, but don’t eyeballs usually come in pairs? :confused:

4 Likes

Yeah… but you know it is a sad story that of Jhonny, but hey, he is still a jolly lad tough!

3 Likes

“Do not stare into laser with remaining eye”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.