Nd Help with Warning

Hi everyone,

I’m new to Kicad (and creating schematics) and I’ve come to a warning and am not sure if I need to be concerned with it. I’m not seeing any errors at this point, only this warning around my EEPROM.

The warning says: Conflict problem between pins. Severity: warning
…Pin 7 (bidirectional) of component U1 is connected to Pin 1 (power output) of component #FLG0105 (net 35)

I read the posting at https://forum.kicad.info/t/errtype-3-pin-connected-to-some-others-pins-but-no-pin-to-drive-it/10946 and added power flags but the warning remains…

I’m attaching a photo which will hopefully show you the area of concern.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you!!

The pin is marked as ‘bidirectional’ and is expecting to be used for some sort of data. You have it hooked to power. If this is correct then you need to change the pin type for this application or live with the error.

2 Likes

According to the datasheet pin 7 is WP = Write Protect, which is an input pin, not bidirectional. Where did you get the symbol? If from the Kicad library, please report a bug.

1 Like

Hi
It seems to me that you have made connections between the five signals on the left of your schematic. Delete the junction points and all will be ok :wink:

HTH
Kind regards from France
Peter Greuter

1 Like

It was in the Sparkfun library

The connections on the left all go to GND, which is why it looks that way. Are the junctions wrong? I just have a ground line going up the side to make it easier to tie all the pins in

I changed a few of the bidirectional pins to input and the warnings went away. I think I may be all set…for now!! :wink:

Thanks for all the assistance!!

1 Like

Your I2C resistors seem to be connected erroneously.
The 2k2 resistors seem to be in series with SDA and SCL, while they should be pullup resistors to your positive power supply (Whether 3V3 or 5V).

2 Likes

Good catch!! Thank you for pointing that out!!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.