My KiCad 4.0.7 ignores edits in Eeschema after an edit

Hi everyone. This is my first post.

I have been learning with KiCad version 4.0.7 and I have a problem with Eeschema. If I edit a component, say to add a footprint, everything seems okay but when I try to select any component or even the same one again, nothing is selectable. I am able use ‘save’ and the menus but the actual schematic and its components seem ‘locked’. Normally I just save, close eeschema then open it again and carry on. It may have even happened last night using pcbnew but as I have only just started using that part of KiCad I can not be 100% sure.

As I am spending more time using KiCad it is getting more annoying. I would guess that it happens in 25% of edits. It does it in components I have created or a library one.

Thanks in advance for any help you could give me.

Paul

What OS are you using?

I am having the same problem. I change something and the program hangs except for “Save” (thankfully) I am using Win7 32 bit, build 7601, Ser Pk 1, and KiCad 4.0.7 as well. Any ideas? The workaround is okay, just tedious.

I do not use KiCad often / dayly.
Last week I started a small project only just to draw a schematic with a few symbols and post it on a forum. (No intention of designing a PCB).
I edited a symbol in the library editor and when updating the graphichs in EEschem it seemed to take a bit longer than usual.
But it all worked, no real problems for me.

Some half bright light started to shine in the back of my head:
If your symbol is directly from github (yuch) or in a read-only place you have to copy it first to a library of your own before you edit it…

KiCad projet manager -> Help -> Copy Version Info:
Application: kicad
Version: 4.0.7-e2-6376~58~ubuntu14.04.1 release build
wxWidgets: Version 3.0.2 (debug,wchar_t,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,GCC 4.8.4,wx containers,compatible with 2.8)
Platform: Linux 4.4.0-116-generic x86_64, 64 bit, Little endian, wxGTK
Boost version: 1.54.0
Curl version: libcurl/7.35.0 OpenSSL/1.0.1f zlib/1.2.8 libidn/1.28 librtmp/2.3
USE_WX_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT=OFF
USE_WX_OVERLAY=OFF
KICAD_SCRIPTING=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=ON
USE_FP_LIB_TABLE=HARD_CODED_ON
BUILD_GITHUB_PLUGIN=ON

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.