My first PCB DFTM TH and SMD

Hi alls,
I probably lack methodology, but I got there. I will work on the subject further.
On the other hand, in the 3D representation, I have certain components which are not represented J8 .etc…? how to do it please ?
Regards

Hi @frank63

You need to find and assign 3D images to the footprints not represented.

This works the same way as assigning footprints to symbols.

• Open your Footprint Properties.
  • Clock on the 3D models tab (red arrow). The top box (cyan arrow) will be empty.
  • Click on the “folder” icon (green arrow) which will open the Select 3D Model box.

Check to see if there is a suitable image. If there is, great. If not, you will have to create an image or surf the internet to find a suitable image to import.
If you have to create or import, you will need to first place that image in a Personal 3D library you have created.

When you have found a suitable image, either in the Kicad library or from elsewhere

• click on the + sign beside the folder sign (green arrow). A rectangle will open in the 3D Models box.
  • Either type the path to the image into the rectangle or click on the folder icon at the right hand end of that rectangle to find your new image then double click and click OK at the bottom of the window.
1 Like

Thank you JMK, I have found.
Regards

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: Help with DRC Errors

Hi @frank63

To help others with searches on this forum, and to increase your reach to other members, it is best to start a new thread for each topic you want advice. :smiley:

Hell jmk, ok thank for information and split topic.

1 Like

Hello, I continue…
I would like to make a 2mm edge without solder mask around the ground plane of my PCB, I don’t know how to do it. I have try with F.MASK and filled zone, but don’t good.I don’t really know how to do it.
Thank you

Never did it, but my first idea is the 2mm graphic line at F.Mask along the PCB edge.

I managed to do something like that, but I had to make 4 F.MASK lines and adjust them, not very clean.
Perhaps an other solution ??

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.