Multiple Unit Parts

I am trying to create a symbol with 2 completely different Units for a button with RGB LEDs.
I have a dropdown to select the units. However, every graphic line that i draw in one unit is automatically copied in the other unit. How can i turn that feauture off if it is grayed out anyways?

Since i chose that units are not interchangable it’s grayed out… I also tried making them interchangable and turning it off but it was still synchronized.

However, every graphic line that i draw in one unit is automatically copied in the other unit. How can i turn that feauture off if it is grayed out anyways?

• for all lines/rectangles/other items which are already drawn:

• doubleclick item → item properties dialog opens
    • deselect the checkbox “common to all units in symbol”
  • for all lines you want to draw new:

• start drawing the line with first LMB-click at line-starting-point
    • during active tool hit key “E” (edit properties), you get the line properties dialog for the currently drawed line
    • deselect the checkbox “common to all units in symbol” → this influences the currently drawed line, and additionally the next drawed lines (it seems this setting is saved for next line-drawing-action)
  • a

1 Like

Thanks I finally got it working. It was about the checkbox “common to all units in symbol”.
Can i also group all of the graphic lines without having to uncheck every box in every line individually?

Can i also group all of the graphic lines without having to uncheck every box in every line individually?

No. (In the symbol-editor)

only as info: most other editors have the Edit–>Edit Text & graphics properties tool modify a selection of lines/graphic items.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.