Multi-unit parts in hierarchical sheets v5 versus v7

Using version 5.1, I put down the built-in 74LVC3G34, two per page, in a hierarchical sheet that was then instantiated many times. Running “annotate schematic” gave me one page of “U1A” and “U1B”, and the next page of “U1C” and “U2A”, and so on, continuing aggregating the units across the sheets. This required no work on my part.

Using version 7, I put down the built-in 74LVC3G34, two per page, in a hierarchical sheet that was then instantiated many times. I noticed that the 7 version lacked the power/ground connection, instead opting for a separate “D” unit that was just power and ground. The units were automatically annotated, but running “annotate schematic” after resetting all annotations gave me one page of “U1A” and “U2A”, and the next page of “U3A” and “U4A”, and so on, with a new unit per instance.

How do I get it to function as it did in 5.1? Will simply re-creating the units with power and ground and no “D” connection work? Or do I have to do something else? or is this a bug that this feature was lost?

Some more interaction is leading me to consider this a bug:

I plopped down a fresh “A” unit, connected stuff, then duplicated it, and changed it to a B unit. Then I saved and looked at the other sheets to realize that they had two A units each. After manually reassigning everything to a B that should have been a B, I re-annotated the schematic, but units were split across pages, ie U100A and U200B. After a lot of fighting with the tool, I realized that the reset annotations radio button is not equivalent to the reset annotations button + running the annotation. Doing the later actually made things make sense

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.