MTS 102 footprint

Can someone please direct me where to find a footprint for this component - MTS 102?

Thanks!

That switch is not designed for PCB mounting

I would like to know how to identify whether the switch is suitable for mounting on a pcb? Is there an external identification mark or should it be written in a certain place?

Parts intended for through hole PCB mounting have pins. The example you showed has tabs intended for wire to be passed through those little holes and soldered.
This is a PCB type

Does the switch you attached have footprint ready yet? If so where can they be found?

Thanks!

Sounds like YOU have a little work to do learning some of the software basics. Please check out a few of the tutorials available.

Also the screw thread and nut suggest that the switch is meant to be mounted in a circular hole on a panel. Of course a PCB could be a panel with a mounting hole of the right size, but then you would still have to connect the switch with wires to the solder tags so a footprint isn’t relevant here.

Grumpy old cat mode: In the good old days we used to open up equipment and see how parts were used. It’s not quite the same reading through Internet part catalogues.

Although that switch is not designed for PCB mounting, I have been using them soldered to a PCB for decades. Originally with round holes, and more recently with oval holes. They require a bit of finesse to solder straight with the round holes, but with the oval (rounded rectangle), they solder perfectly.
And, the panel-mount switches are much, much more widely available than the PCB-pins versions.

2 Likes

I use them quite often. I posted Footprint and 3Dmodel Step file here

3 Likes

This is the best advice, learning from the Internet just doesn’t give you the “hands on” experience you will get from seeing and holding real assembled parts

Very nice! :ok_hand:Love more people like you who help and less give unhelpful criticism like some above…

1 Like

Unequivocal. In a rather long wandering in component stores on the Internet, I almost never found the switches in the PCB mounting version, but mainly the ones I attached in the picture.

That is because most users mount their switches on the front panel and connect with wires down to the main board, maybe using a pin header and socket strip there. Mounting more than one switch on a PCB can require a jig when soldering to keep everything exactly lined up

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.