KICAD_SCRIPTING=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_ACTION_MENU=OFF
BUILD_GITHUB_PLUGIN=ON
KICAD_USE_OCE=ON
KICAD_USE_OCC=OFF
KICAD_SPICE=ON
a few days ago on my linux Mint 18.2, today I opened a schematic I have from version 4.0.2 and all the symbols are off grid, when I try to move one of them it goes on grid but not if I make a group-move, copy-paste. And if I go part by part, then I will need to re-do all the wiring (quite annoying). Is there any way to force all the parts and wires back to grid?

Are they slightly off grid, or half-way off grid?

Are you able to find a grid setting where they fall onto grid?

• If so, know how many of the fine grid points the offset is both x and y.
  • In the fine grid group select everything and then move only the offset correction amount.
  • Return to the default coarse grid (should probably be a 50mil grid if you are using the v5 official libraries).

Hopefully that should get you back on grid.

1 Like

They are half-way off, I though the same solution, but just ask in case there where a ‘better’ solution.
The grid is in 50mil, and it was the same or whatever was the default grid in the other, my religion prohibits me to change the grid in schematics :slight_smile:

The problem is not all the components are off grid on the same direction, or by the same amount of steps in the 25mill grid, then with this method I need to do it one by one anyway.

Maybe, I started writing a script to do that, which can be found at https://github.com/bobc/kicad-utils/tree/v5/scripts/KiCheckSchematic

Currently, it only handles the main sheet.
Backup your project before running the script!
Download the repo to your local disc, then do something like :
python KiCheckSchematic.py --proj c:\projects\STM32_new\demo_STM32.pro --fix_grid

1 Like

it moves the components on grid, but not the nets, here is a picture:

and the parts U5B, R38, C28, D?, R?, C? where on grid before I use it
you can also see, he moves the component but not the reference or the value

1 Like

Ok, thanks for feedback, obviously needs further work. I will try to look at it this weekend.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.