Move Text from Silkscreen

I did PCB, with component Q3, how do I move Q3 text close this IC. see this

Select the Q3 text, key m, then move it. BTW one of the Q3 is probably in the Fab layer which will not be manufactured so you might want to hide that layer.

I want to move Q3 to right

To further simplify @retiredfeline 's instructions:

Single left mouse click on the text will highlight the text. After that press the M key and that highlighted text will follow your mouse cursor. When you find an appropriate place to place the text. single left click OFF the text will release the text from the mouse.

Also, holding the left mouse key down with the text selected will move the text.
Holding the Ctrl key down will enable you to place the text OFF the grid if you wish.

I’ll also suggest reading through these documents to familiarize yourself with Kicad.
Start with “Getting started in Kicad”

Sorry @GChew , in case I misread your question:

To move Q3 use exactly the same method as moving Q3 text, only this time highlight Q3 instead of Q3 text.

If just clicking on the text does not work to select it, then keep the mouse button depressed for about one second. Then a menu will pop up and you can select in the menu what item you want to select.

I guess there is a language / translation issue here. If the current answers do not work for you, then explain with more words why it does not work for you.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.