There some library in python to KiCad (maybe using
import pcbnew) that I can:
- Move the complete board (shift the all board in1cm, for example)?
- Move a specific component like before?
- Change some net / components properties?
- Do this in a file without open the file in PcbNew?
I now that appear a lot, but this will be needed in my python tool. I cold do this creating function in my on script, but I think this will do my tool not versatile.
There is also a
eschem library as
Yes, totally doable in python with pcbnew. There is not yet an equivalent for eeschema.
Does anyone have an example of moving the whole board using a python script. Thanks.
I can’t see a direct way. An inxerect on would be to:
- Iterate through all modules and move each one
- Iterate through all tracks and move each one
- Iterate through all drawings and move each one
- Iterate through all zones and move each one (this one is trickier as you have to move each corner)
You might want to look into https://github.com/MitjaNemec/Kicad_action_plugins/blob/master/save_restore_layout/save_restore_layout.py for inspiration.