Mounting hole being filled in when footprint is used in the same location on both sides

Hi all, this is my first post so go easy on me. I’m building a reversible keyboard PCB and I’m working on the LEDs using the SK6812 MINI-E. I found a footprint, but I’d like to use one mounting cutout to service either the pads on the front OR the back. When I try to flip the footprint and place it in the same location on both sides, it fills in the cutout. Any ideas? Hopefully y’all can see the pictures.

Footprint: Keebio-Parts.pretty/SK6812-MINI-E.kicad_mod at master · keebio/Keebio-Parts.pretty · GitHub

Update: I’m not sure if this is the best way to go about it, but I saved a version of the footprint without the edge cuts and it looks like that is giving me what I want.

That makes sense, I don’t think edge cuts in a footprint work . . . I think the best you can do is add the cut as a feature on a different layer then use this as a ref for the actual edge cut on the PCB. You could place all the footprints, create one rectangular edge cut of the correct size then duplicate it and position it to each LED.

Or place a LED over one edge cut rectangle and duplicate both. :slightly_smiling_face:

Or may be, do one footprint, with the pad on both side.

The edge cut would work as you’ve described. If you add one square inside the board it does a cut out. If you add a second square inside the first, it will do an island.
So 2 squares of the same size would cancel each other. Actually I suspect, that on the gerber you will have 2 edge cut on top of each other. So in the fab house the hole would be present. But it is just a guess.