More layers of conductors required

Good day to all.
As an LTCC PCB designer, I need more available conductor layers. Now I have 32 layers available. How can I increase this number? It would be nice to have 64 layers.

1 Like

At the moment KiCad supports a maximum of 32 copper layers.
You can give the issue below an upvote:

1 Like

Milamia
tell us about the LTCC designing / manufacturing , I am interested.
glen . RF engineer.

This is a multilayer “printed circuit board” in which the insulation layers are made of ceramics, and the conductors are made of metallizing pastes based on silver and gold. The thickness of the insulation layers is 50-200 microns. Very high electrical insulation characteristics. The board allows direct placement of semiconductor chips. The boards created can be three-dimensional, as wells can be created into which parts can be placed. The finished products are smaller and lighter than analogues made in the usual way. There is no ready-made CAD software for designing boards on LTCC. I use KiCAD and FreeCad. Our production equipment allows us to make up to 80 layers of conductors.

6 Likes

My first attempt for TLCC got me to:

But this seems more likely:

:slight_smile:

That’s an interesting technology, i wonder how vias are done.
Laser drilled or directly grown in the substrate?

Via holes are mechanically punched into the raw ceramic layer and filled with conductive paste. Vias are always blind and can connect up to 4 layers.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.