Missing soldermask on thru-hole pads

I have a design that worked. Then I modifed some through-hole pads, making the pads slightly larger, keeping the holes the same diameter. Now all the modified pads have no solder mask.

DRC shows no errors. Warnings are
a) Multiple: footprint XXXX does not match copy in library
b) Multiple: solkscreen clipped by solder mask
c) Multiple: silkscreen overlap

I think that (b) and (c) warnings are unchanged.

Help!

I don’t see any issues in the Properties Manager panel. However, if I right-click a pad and select Properties, the Pad Properties window for these pads does not have F.Mask and B.Mask checked. Re-checking these boxes, re-adds the masks.

Why did the solder masks get turned off and is there a way to prevent this from happening?

Why did the solder masks get turned off and is there a way to prevent this from happening?

Normally the solder-mask checkbox (“turned off”) should not change automatically, so I think they where either off already before or you have accidentally switched them off.

Other behaviour (automatic turning off mask-checkbox like in your description) is maybe a bug, but I have not seen this before. We would need exact steps (with every keypress/mouseclick from start-situation to the end) how you achieved that situation to determine: bug or no bug.

Also a attachement of the project-archive before modification and a second archive after the modification would help to reproduce your case.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.