Missing plating holes

The WRL and STEP files exported by kicad are missing plating holes. I have tried using kicadsetup, but I have not! Why?

KICAD 3D viewer

KICADSetUp

KICAD export WRL

Application: Pcbnew
Version: (5.1.9)-1, release build
Libraries:
wxWidgets 3.0.5
libcurl/7.71.0 OpenSSL/1.1.1g (Schannel) zlib/1.2.11 brotli/1.0.7 libidn2/2.3.0 libpsl/0.21.0 (+libidn2/2.3.0) libssh2/1.9.0 nghttp2/1.41.0
Platform: Windows 8 (build 9200), 64-bit edition, 64 bit, Little endian, wxMSW
Build Info:
wxWidgets: 3.0.5 (wchar_t,wx containers,compatible with 2.8)
Boost: 1.73.0
OpenCASCADE Community Edition: 6.9.1
Curl: 7.71.0
Compiler: GCC 10.2.0 with C++ ABI 1014

Build settings:
USE_WX_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT=OFF
USE_WX_OVERLAY=OFF
KICAD_SCRIPTING=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_PYTHON3=OFF
KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON_PHOENIX=OFF
KICAD_SCRIPTING_ACTION_MENU=ON
BUILD_GITHUB_PLUGIN=ON
KICAD_USE_OCE=ON
KICAD_USE_OCC=OFF
KICAD_SPICE=ON

@HAYDEN
to get the plating holes in STEP model you need to use fcad_pcb tool from @realthunder

And finally it can generate solid tracks, pads and plated drills to enable FEM and thermal analysis on KiCad pcb boards

I used FCAD_ PCB, which does not support freecad 0.19.1, when I switch back to version 0.18.4, I find that it can only convert fcab_ pcb directory test kicad PCB file. If I change to my current kicad 5.1.9 (win10), there will be an error and I can’t convert it.

it does work with FC 0.19 & 0.20 … not sure how compatible is with Kicad v5.99 (I’m not using kv5.99 a lot)

I tried to kicad 5.1.9 file is not converted. If KicadSetupMod can join this function of fcab_pcb, it would be great!

without the test file it is difficult to give any advice…

this is not planned atm, only mcad integration is fully supported… FEM analysis requires a lot of settings to be useful covered.

freecad0.18.4

test file (win10 kicad 5.1.9)
MR001_V1.kicad_pcb (190.8 KB)

it does work on FC 0.20 (EDIT) also on FC0.18, 0.19

from your errors (in the previous screenshot) you get ‘file not found’ … is your file in the right place?

What is the operating system of your computer?

win10 or linux no issue

Freecad0.18 can be converted normally now!
The reason should be that the previous file path is too deep!

And freecad 0.19 and 0.20 will have the same error

>>> from fcad_pcb import kicad
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<input>", line 1, in <module>
  File "C:\Program Files\FreeCAD 0.19\bin\Lib\site-packages\shiboken2\files.dir\shibokensupport\__feature__.py", line 142, in _import
    return original_import(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Roaming/FreeCAD/Macro\fcad_pcb\kicad.py", line 4, in <module>
    from future.utils import iteritems
  File "C:\Program Files\FreeCAD 0.19\bin\Lib\site-packages\shiboken2\files.dir\shibokensupport\__feature__.py", line 142, in _import
    return original_import(name, *args, **kwargs)
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'future'
>>> pcb = kicad.KicadFcad(r'C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\tests\MR001_V1.kicad_pcb')
NameError: name 'kicad' is not defined
>>> pcb.make(copper_thickness=0.035, board_thickness=1.53, combo=False, fuseCoppers=True )
NameError: name 'pcb' is not defined
>>>

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.