mikroeBUS standard

I have some projects that I use Mikro Click Boards, I have some files that I downloaded from their website (.PcbLib & .SchLib). Can these footprints be imported to KiCAD?

Those file formats are not compatible with KiCad, at least not directly. Maybe they are made for altium, and Kiad’s importers are getting better for that, but I don’t know how good they are at the moment.

If they don’t work for you, I just did a simple search, and it finds things like:

But also, It looks like the pins of those boards fit on a 2.54mm grid. KiCad has quite good editors. Both for schematic symbols and for footprints. After a bit of practice you can make a footprint for parts like this in about 10 minutes. It’s hardly worth scrounging the internet in an attempt to find something, when you know you can get results by doing it yourself in 10 to 15 minutes.

But different people have different views. Sites like Snapeda and PCB libraries (and a bunch of others) specialize in generating PCB footprints and those may be worth checking out too.

Probably just do it myself (as I did in AutoTRAX) it’s just having to do the silkscreen label and logo again

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.