Merge projects into one

What is the best way to merge three projects that are separated into one.

I have three projects in different files, and I want to put all schematics together and make the links, I keep 3D.

Thanks!

Do you want to combine these onto the same PCB (one single final board)? This is possible using the append features provided by the standalone versions of pcbnew and the schematic editor.

Or do you just want to have all of them in the same project for generating the manufacturing data (gerber) for all at once (possibly to save on costs)? Here i would make a separate project that only includes the pcb side and again use the append feature. Or possibly do this on the gerber level with tools specific to this usecase.

Or do you just want to see all of them correctly stacked in the 3d view. For this usecase i suggest exporting every PCB to a 3d CAD program and assembling the final view in there. (Example use freecad plus stepup)

1 Like

The word i was missing is panellizing. It comes up from time to time on the forum. These might be starters:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.