Mass update of 3D models

So I have about 80 of one particular part that had no 3d model so I downloaded one and adjusted the xyz so the model was properly aligned. Now Ive attempted to edit the pcb file in a text editor to speed up this process but the file would no longer open after doing it. So is there an easier way then manually fixing the xyz for every single instance of this part. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Depends on your process.

I prefer updating the footprint in my library and then I update all the footprints for specific component in the project (right click on the footprint/update footprint …/ select “update footprints with identifier”)

3 Likes

What Mitja said is the most obvious solution if you want to use the same component with that new model in other projects, too.

If the 3D model is for this project only, you can create a new project specific library, copy the footprint there and edit it, update the footprint associations in the schematic, update the PCB and clean up.

But editing the file with a text editor might still be OK, just show what you are doing and what goes wrong, maybe we can help.

1 Like

Thank you so much you are such a massive time saver!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.