Manufacturer for Very Large PCB

Hi, I’m trying to find a place where I can get a very large PCB manufactured. Most places I’ve found will do a max of around 18" x 18", I’m looking for 2’ x 2’ or larger up to 4’ x 8’. Anyone know of a place that will do this? Bonus if they’ll do it for cheap (relatively) because my design is simple.

I think you just have to ask each one. This article suggests that the panels they start with are about 600mm x 600mm due the machines they use. With such large sizes flexure becomes an issue.

Something that large will be very custom.
I’ve never heard of a drill that had a head travel that large. So, it would take some type of fixturing to drill a 4’8’ board.

This large drill can only handle 32” x 42” panels:
https://www.excellon.com/products/document

Also, no imager will be able to handle film that large. Not to mention all the wet processing…

You need to think about using smaller boards and stitching them together.

That’s insane and would be incredibly expensive. Why do you need such a large board? The only reason I can think of is large led matrixes and in that case you’d probably create smaller daughter boards of reasonable size and mount them mechanically into a larger assembly.

Talking about LED’s…
There are some manufacturers of LED strips that have specialized machines that can make very long boards.

Mike Harrison (from MikesElectricStuff) also once made a youtube video about finding a PCB manufacturer for very big PCB’s. I think it was for the “swarm of fish” like led sculpture in some airport.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.