Manual routing refuses some connections

Hello!

In some cases, the router refuses to connect traces.

Does anyone know what can happen? In some cases, when the traces is too big,
it refuses to start, but at least there is a good reason in this case. But the trace is 0.125mm,
and there is no obstacle. Beside this, I could route it when starting from the other end.

Thanks,

Kicad6 on Ubuntu21.10

Even when KiCad is in the Release Candidate phase you should use Help -> About -> Copy version info and paste the whole information.

You may have some item there which prevents connecting. Try outlines modes for tracks and pads (in the left hand toolbar) to see objects lurking behind others. Make also sure the object visibility is on for all items in Appearance -> Objects.

Hello!

It was the latest version, labeled “Kicad 6” for the first time. But it was updated during the night, as usual.

Yes but in this case how would you explain that it works without any problem when I start the trace from pin 14 (which is white in the above video) ?

Did this work before? What routing mode are you using?

Does it work if you click (to fix some of the routing in place) at intermediate points along the way?

Hello!

It’s usually working. For instance, all the traces on the left were routed without any problem.
Only this trace had this issue. And writing it from the other end also worked, and that’s why it’s quite strange.
I haven’t tried to click intermediate points. But I will nexte time it happens (if it does).

Create a bug report and attach the PCB… Maybe we’re hitting some poorly handled corner case here.

T.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.