Manual Component Insertion Guide

Hi everybody.
Hope someone can help me.
Here we use the Manual Component Insertion (people solder components manually), so I was wondering if ther is a way to automatically generate an Insertion Sheet for our components, via the PCB editor.
Something like a color guide that indicates which elements are the same ones and where are they located, and we can relate them to the BOM list generated in Eeschema.

Best Regards, V.

The Interactive HTML BOM plugin by @qu1ck might be perfect for this.

If you need something static (e.g. on paper), then you might need something a bit different; I’m not sure if it can generate static assembly guides in addition to the HTML interactive guide.

2 Likes

We turn the layers we need on, through hole, SMD, etc and print that

Thanks a lot.

But I was wondering if there a tool that generates a file (pdf maybe) that colors each gruop of components of the same value (all 10K resistors in red, all 1K resistors in blue, etc) so I can print it and give it to people thar solder the components.

Awesome! Thank you!!

It is a great tool, but yes, I need to have something static so I can Print it. I was wondering if there a tool that generates a file (pdf maybe) that colors each gruop of components of the same value (all 10K resistors in red, all 1K resistors in blue, etc).

How about this project? Printed, sequential assembly guides.

2 Likes

This tools sound like something you may like, however I am almost sure that they are not compatible with v6 files.

1 Like

I had not used Interactive HTML Bom* before, and just installed it via the Plugin and content Manager and experimented a bit.

It’s quite easy to select & highlight a group of components (such as all 100nF capacitors) and it has the option to save images of the current board view.

So it does seem to be able to do something close to what you want.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.