Manage Symbol Library Tables

I downloaded KiCad 5.0.0 to my Ubuntu 18.04 LTS OS, opened Eeschema, went to the Help tab, and opened the online manual. Under 3. Main top menu, 3.2 Preferences menu the first item shown is “Manage Symbol Library Tables”. When I go to the Preferences tab in my setup my first item is “Configure Paths”, I do not get “Manage Symbol Library Tables”. How do I get to that functionality?

Is there anything that sound similar to that? Is it maybe two or three items down the list? Are you sure you run kicad version 5 and not the nightly build which will be 5.1 in the future? (In nightly the library management got moved to the kicad main window)

Hello Rene,
Yes it is KiCad 5.0 as I downloaded it from www.kicad.org Ubuntu download page using the terminal commands. No, “Manage Symbol Library Tables” is not further down the list, it does not appear on the list at all!

Could you post your version info

go to help->about and use copy version info and past this here (It includes a lot of useful information for us)

Maybe also make a screenshot of the preferences menu
For me under ubuntu 16.04 it looks like this:
Screenshot%20from%202018-08-20%2011-26-05

There are multiple command listed there. One set is for nightly and one set is for stable. (The difference is minor and it would be easy to get this wrong. If you ever had the repository for nightly on your system then you will always get the nightly build installed even if you follow the instructions for the stable release)

Rene,
It may have been operator error. The “Manage Symbol Library Tables” is 2nd on the list after “Configure Paths”. I don’t remember seeing it that way before. Thanks for your reply and now I will press forward.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.