macOS nightlies

It looks like the macOS nightlies are stuck. Anyone know how to reach Adam who manages them? I tried to build it myself but it looks like it still doesn’t build properly on macOS ARM (or I’m just a noob :person_shrugging:)

We don’t yet have a native build env for Mac ARM. Adam does have a way to build a x86_64 binary on ARM (which then runs via Rosetta). It was a nightmare for me to set up, but I’m deffo challenged when it comes to build environments.

Are you using kicad-mac-builder? If so, there’s a x86_64-on-m1 branch that you can check out and then do:

./ci/x86_64-on-arm64/bootstrap.sh
arch -x86_64 ./build.py

I ran in to a ton of problems with wxPython after that, which I can’t remember how we resolved. Something about there being two different homebrew setups, one for x86_64 and one for ARM.

Adam just recently got a M1 Mac, so he’s working on native builds…

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll have a look at that branch.

I don’t think native builds are that big of a deal for the nightlies yet though - the Intel binaries run stupid fast on this thing even under emulation. Just need them to get building again :slight_smile:

Edit - sigh, think it’s going to be a non-starter here. “Warning: Running in non-interactive mode because stdin is not a TTY.” (it is), “Need sudo access on macOS (e.g. the user alex needs to be an Administrator)!” (I am) — i’m too much of a macOS noob myself to really get this fixed. I’ll just wait until the nightlies are back up.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.