M.2 connectors footprint

Hello All,

I’m new to this forum.
I can’t find M2 connector (M key, or any other :slight_smile: ) in footprint libraries…
Can anyone point the exact name of the footprint?
Maybe it doesn’t exist, so I will have to design it by myself.

Thanks,
Alexey

I hereby certify that I am not simply asking someone else to design a footprint for me.

This is an auto-generated message that is in place on the “footprints” section of the KiCad.info forum. If I remove it and ask for a footprint to be designed anyway, I understand that I will be subject to forum members telling me to go design my own footprint or referring me to a 3rd party footprint site.

You have to understand that there’s not just one m2 connector, there are as many models as the manufacturers make. The land pattern depends on the exact part. Therefore you have to find a part first and read its dataseet. If you are lucky, you can find a ready made footprint from a service like SnapEDA.

Once you decide on the exact part, you can post a link to the datasheet and someone might be able to offer more specific help.

And just happened to open a thread where they are discussing M2. :wink:

1 Like

Send full p/n or spec.
If it’s not in KiCad libraries check some here on SnapEDA for example:

What I understand, there are limited number of different M.2 connector “profiles”. The only difference is a gap somewhere on the connector pins. Digikey and Mouser among others have connectors and links to Snapeda or Ultra Librarian.

That is for the M.2 male edge connector. The Female part is vendor specific, and vendors also have different variants such as for example when two of these are stacked on top of each other. Connectors are especially problematic. There are over 100 different footprints for something as ubiquitous as a Micro-USB socket.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.