M.2 2280 outline/footprint

Hi guys,

hope it’s ok to ask the group about this… after a few hours of searching, I’ve found a few step files for m.2 2280 form factor, but I have not seen a footprint (courtyard, silk, and standoff) anywhere. Is anyone aware of somewhere this does exist? If not, I’ll build one myself, but I thought I’d ask if I missed something obvious before embarking on it (and I don’t have access to the actual PCI-SIG specs, so, this would be a guess…) And, no, SnapEDA/UL have nothing. Yes, I’ve looking github with a bunch of searches, too. And, no, I don’t mean the connector for the m.2 :wink:

Thanks,
Christian

This is an auto-generated message that is in place on the “footprints” section of the KiCad.info forum. If I remove it and ask for a footprint to be designed anyway, I understand that I will be subject to forum members telling me to go design my own footprint or referring me to a 3rd party footprint site.

I’m guessing you need footprint of the connector which you should find in connector datasheet and then add to it board outline and standoff hole.
Spec for m.2 is here http://read.pudn.com/downloads794/doc/project/3133918/PCIe_M.2_Electromechanical_Spec_Rev1.0_Final_11012013_RS_Clean.pdf

1 Like

Thanks, that spec was the missing link.

Much appreciate the pointer.

Thanks,
Christian

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.