Lost my Power Libraries!

Hi All

I am brand new to KiCad (only installed it a couple of days ago), and I absolutely love it.
Ran through a tutorial from Hawk which was very informative and everything went as expected.
Last night I attempted a new project and everything was going OK until I tried to make a new power symbol (+19V). Don’t know what I’ve done but whenever I press P in the schematic the libraries I get a message “Loading symbol libraries” then a box appears (Choose Power Symbol (1 items loaded) and in the main box all there is is pspice library. No power symbols anymore.
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling a couple of times but I get the same thing.
Desperate for some help.
Thanks
Mike

Could you detail how you added the +19V symbol?
Does the same happen in a fresh project?
Do you get any error message when opening eeschema?
What KiCad version are you on?

If you are on version 5

In general, you will get the pspice library in the “add power symbol” dialog because it contains a symbol marked as “this is a power symbol” (The symbol for the pSpice reference voltage “0”).

The inbuild power lib also contains symbols made this way which means it should also appear. However, if you have a library in your project lib table called “power” or if you removed the “power” library from the global library then you will no longer get it in the dialog.

Further reading:

And as a beginner you might want to take a look at Tutorial: Introduction to PCB design with KiCad version 5.1 (Getting Started)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.