Looking for "RJ50-10P10 Connector" Library Symbol *solved*

Hi guys and girls,

im looking for a special Library Symbol. Its a Connector for RJ50/10P10. Unfortunately i didnt find any symbol in the libraries and in the Internet, so the time is to short to learn how to create it myself… maybe somebody has done it before? i would be really appreciate.

Thanks a lot

Karl

That doesn’t help much. At least give a datasheet or manufacturer part number.

2 Likes

Hi bobc,

im sorry! of course here are the specifications of the connector:

Steward SS-651010-A-NF
Link Datasheet

Thanks for the fast reply!

Karl

https://componentsearchengine.com/SS-641010-NF/Bel-Stewart

2 Likes

Is this a save site? It looks creapy to me that I have to download and install a downloader, looked like a fake site…you have experience with this site?

HA!..thank you i misunderstood the page.got everything thank you very much!

These RJ series connectors do not have standardised footprints. Every vendor is different

2 Likes

Not only will every vendor (manufacturer might be a better word here) have a different footprint for what looks like the same part, but even within the same manufacturer there may be different connector families that have different footprints for the same pin-counts. Be very sure that you have the right footprint for the exact model number that you plan on using.

2 Likes

I hadn’t checked thing thoroughly before my last post. I just checked your data sheet against the link that @hermit provided. Your datasheet is for a vertical connector, and hermit’s link is a right-angle connector. the spacing between the mounting bosses and the electrical pin array may be different between the two. Unless you found the correct connector on the site that hermit pointed to, you might not have a compatible footprint. Be sure your carefully double check your downloaded footprint to the datasheet that you have.

That said, the right-angle footprint might be an excellent starting point for you to modify to fit your vertical component.

With these RJ** connectors, I buy what I need and make a custom footprint by measurement.
The manufacturers datasheets are often poor or misleading

1 Like

tanks for all the help!

What tools do you use to make the measurements?

If you ask about physically measuring a physical object, I think everybody uses a digital caliper nowadays.

3 Likes

Not so sure that my no-longer 20 year old eyeballs can track the modern Harbor Freight caliper.

Do you really mean the digital ones? I thought even half-blind can read them, the numbers are 10mm high.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.