Locking connectors down?

Is there anyway to lock components down together? I have 4 connectors that have a direct relationship and must not move. I can group them and lock them but if i select one of the four connectors it is allowed to move.

It appears the “Lock” function doesn’t actually lock the connectors in this case down. Have I missed something or is this the way it is?

I ideally really want these connectors to remain locked thought the layout process.

I have made a test and everything is fine.

Either locking footprints individually or grouped, it is not possible to move one of them.
Version: 5.0.0-fee4fd1~66~ubuntu14.04.1, release build

@pedro Without more information, I tend to agree with you.

Application: kicad
Version: (5.0.0), release build
Libraries:
wxWidgets 3.0.3
libcurl/7.54.1 OpenSSL/1.0.2l zlib/1.2.11 libssh2/1.8.0 nghttp2/1.23.1 librtmp/2.3
Platform: Windows 8 (build 9200), 64-bit edition, 64 bit, Little endian, wxMSW
Build Info:
wxWidgets: 3.0.3 (wchar_t,wx containers,compatible with 2.8)
Boost: 1.60.0
OpenCASCADE Community Edition: 6.8.0
Curl: 7.54.1
Compiler: GCC 7.1.0 with C++ ABI 1011

Build settings:
USE_WX_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT=OFF
USE_WX_OVERLAY=OFF
KICAD_SCRIPTING=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_ACTION_MENU=OFF
BUILD_GITHUB_PLUGIN=ON
KICAD_USE_OCE=ON
KICAD_USE_OCC=OFF
KICAD_SPICE=ON

Sorry I didn’t explain myself better. If I select one of the 4 connectors that are grouped and locked and want to move the locked group it doesn’t appear that you have the option to select the group and move it unless you highlight the group locked.

That’s not convenient if you have routed components in and around the group. What ideally I would like to do is if I select one of the connectors in the group they remain locked as group and I can move them as a group. Basically hover over one of the 4 connectors select move see that group highlight and move that group.

Current you only get a flag that connector you selected is associated with a group and do you want to move it. Would be nice to have the option to move one or what is in that group as a whole.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.