Lock Position Of Item In wks file in Drawing Sheet Editor

[Solved] Hello 7.0.6
First off I just use Eeschema as an non erc drawing platform for my needs
to draw an illustrative schematic drawing such as discussed here:

https://forum.kicad.info/t/schematics-for-other-purpose-than-pcb-and-simulation/40390/8

Got ambitious and decided to look into updating my worksheet file (wks)
Back then only 4 comments were available, didn’t fully understand (still don’t completely) about some
of the other parameters and settings. Made a revised work sheet adding 5 comments and other items.
At time did not comprehend how the various options mapped to Page Settings, was manually enter certain items sizing, positioning and centering. Once grasped was able to add header using ${TITLE} in both Title: and header positions along with the additional comments in my comments box.Tweaked worksheet alignments and settings. Left initial items as is thus old drawings were compatible while having the additional comments. Open drawing, delete manually entered items, enter corresponding information in Page Settings and all alignment and positioning done automatically. A real timesaver.
Went along great till opening drawing that was in Portrait mode. The header is in position determined by my worksheet that was designed in Landscape. It correctly switches to Portrait with exception of my header field #1 in image. Created additional worksheet with it positioned in Portrait mode easily. Just wondering if way to lock #1 position in original worksheet to work in Portrait, just to not having to switch and maintain two files (yes not hard to switch).

Side Edit: Below not related to above question just found while trying various options and read of this similar issue at Github

https://gitlab.com/kicad/code/kicad/-/issues/14588

Created new drawing, set page, saved and on reopening opens with default page. Not saving page layout.
Found issue on search but no solution. Found if I open existing drawing that opens correctly, clear contents, can save as sort of template. Open it save as new drawing name create drawing an save. Seems to work.
Thanks

Can you link the issue you found? To me this sounds like a bug, though not one I’ve come across since it never occurred to me to use portrait mode schematics. (Honestly seems like a great idea to me!)

Think I may not have been clear. The question was on locking item in the layout wks page and issue was it not saving page layout to file. Edited post above with link to that issue. Sorry for the confusion.

Further look basically the Title Box area is fixed to corner and stays there. The portrait and landscape just changes size of rectangle. Works totally correct.Have about half of my drawings in portrait. Made copy of template and renamed Portrait. Opened in Drawing Sheet Editor and switched view to Portrait in view menu. Then dragged the header to proper position near top of page. Few tries to center it on page. All good to go now. Just have to change template on the Portrait drawings.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.