LM741 simulation in v7

One more thing I forgot to mention. When I edit the symbol for the first time, I get this error message two times: “Error reading simulation model from symbol ‘U1’: Failed to read simulation model from fields”. I have to say OK two times before it lets me edit the simulation file model field in the simulation model editor window. It seems like it’s trying to load a file that hasn’t been defined yet. Which makes sense. But is it necessary to throw an error message (two times)?

Ten or twenty years ago it would have been understood to be a “tounge in cheek” comment and nobody would have worried (perhaps even felt like they were treated as part of the group, which would have been perceived in a positive way).
But in some parts of the world those times are gone (mostly).

Yeah, I’ve got a feeling it was taken way more serious then intended.
I wanted to postpone a response as I’m a bit drained emotionally today (due to other factors).
I guess we should be happy mmansy can take it and I have not scared him away.

I have raised an issue on the KiCad bug tracker at 7.0.7, 7.99 Info for pin assignment not sufficient (#15660) · Issues · KiCad / KiCad Source Code / kicad · GitLab

1 Like

Before posting a zipped file containing a project, which should be run by others, I typcally open this zipped file in a temporary location and check if I can run it.

I have defined the project from scratch in KiCad 7.99 and could not reproduce the issue. Apparently it has been fixed in the development branch towards v8.

At the moment I am working on a simulation to sum and filter a bunch of PWM channels to get to a very accurate DC voltage (goal is 1ppm settling time in 20ms), and for this I have dragged the simulation parameters of all the VPULSE sources to the bottom of the schematic.

In the screenshot, I am also in the process of moving one of the text strings, and you can see KiCad draws a dark blue line to make it clear to which source that line belongs.

I use LM741 for various things but, preferring LTspice for simulations, I use LT’s alternative for 741 (an OP07).

Modeling your circuit with OP07, I get the similar response as you - why? Because the Input voltage is set for 1.5v. If you pump it up, you get higher Vout (amplification).
I can’t clearly read your Sin’s string so, I guessed and could be wrong…

ADDED: Your circuit in Kicad with LM741 with 1.5v in and 6v in

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.