LM1036 - Dual DC Operated Tone/Volume/Balance Circuit

I cannot find in the libraries, including GitHub, any data for LM1036.
I would appreciate any help on that.
I am new to KiCad and I prefer, for now, not to build “missing parts”.
Thank you.

What sort of data are you after?

You can make your own symbol, can be as simple as a rectangle with pins.

For the footprint you can use a standard DIP or SOIC package.

For datasheets, a search on the Internet will find it.

If you actually mean data, the part has been discontinued by TI (took over National Semiconductor) a few years ago.

David, Ken

Thank you for taking the time to assist me.
I apologize for not being clear, I started using/learning KiCad this week.
I have the datasheet of the LM1036 (TI, 04/2013). I was trying to build the application circuit from it using KiCad. I obviously aim at designing the PCB.
However, I could not find the footprint and symbol in the library and also in the library which I downloaded from Digikey.
And to remove additional doubts - I was an electronics technician in my younger years and I minored in EE. I know what I want but I don’t have the language skills yet…

Thanks again
Avi

There are far more chips than the Kicad library could have a symbol for, so making your own symbol is one of the things to learn in Kicad. It’ll only take a few minutes with the datasheet. There should be some articles in the FAQ section about making symbols and assigning types to pins for ERC.

Fortunately packages are far less diverse and you should be able to assign a standard DIP or SOIC footprint to it, if I read the datasheet correctly.

1 Like

Here you go:

And making symbols for obsolete parts is a low priority.
There is nothing wrong with copying the datasheet symbol

Hey, I resemble that remark! :wink: (3 Stooges)

2 Likes

Before I settled on using KiCad, I evaluated a handful of different EDA programs.
For me an important part of the evoluation was how easy it is to make your own custom schematic symbols and PCB Footprints.

In KiCad this is very easy. The user interface is very similar to the rest of KiCad, and the symbols and footprints are just simple graphics anyway. Back then there were some serious bugs in the library management, but those have been solved a few years ago.

Alternatives:
A quick search for your chip suggests there is an schematic symbol for Eagle available, and you can also use Eagle libraries in KiCad.

Some people apparently have success with websites such as snapeda.

It is very kind of you to compile this list for me.
I promise to do my home.

Avi

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.