Linux library installation default folder kicad v5

Installation on windows is flawless, you get kicad and its libraries with the libraries already set up and ready to use.

In linux you’re out of luck as no-one explains where the kicad-libraries package installs to, nor does the standard installation point to them by default. Does anyone know where the kicad-libraries package goes?

I’m running linux mint 19 using kicad v5. I followed the installation “directions” located here.

try

/usr/share/kicad/

They did not install under /usr/share/kicad

Is it possible you selected the nightly builds? These install somewhere else to allow running of nightly and stable on the same machine.

Did you read the faq article i posted above? (Did you ensure you have the library packages installed?)

@Rene_Poschl
My current version is: 5.0.2-bee76a0~70~ubuntu18.04.1, release build
I have just run an update on the kicad-libraries package by running “sudo apt install kicad-libraries”
My /usr/share/kicad folder contains plugins, scripting and template subdirectories only.

Should be kicad-library-all, see https://launchpad.net/~js-reynaud/+archive/ubuntu/kicad-5

@eelik
kicad-libraries replaces kicad-library-all according to the kicad-libraries control file.
The control file can be found by unzipping one of the releases here.

kicad-libraries is meant to be a meta package to install all the libraries. It doesn’t seem to be working at the moment. The solution is to just install all of the packages manually as far as I can tell.

Edit: I’ve messaged js-reynaud via launchpad to see if it’s an actual bug.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.