Linking pins in hierarchical schematic

I’ve been playing around with hierarchical schematics. I’ve got making new sheets and liking pins from the bottom up down.

How do you work from the top down?

When working from the bottom up I make a new sheet. In that sheet place hierarchical pins. The back in the first sheet i import the pins and everything is linked.

I’ve figured out that i can place pins into a newly created sheet but when i open that sheet how do i link the pins?

The work flow you described is bottom up. You have to first create pins in the bottom sheet and then bring them up to the subsheet box.

There is a button in eschema (Place hierarchical pin in sheet) that can place pins into subsheet boxes. Once the pins are placed in the subseet box how do you bring them down to the actual subsheet?

I think i understand your problem. (I don’t know a real solution thought.)

The only workaround i could suggest is that you place the labels manually inside the hierarchical sheet. (write down the pin names u used and create a hierarchical label within the sheet.)

1 Like

It is not a workaround: it is the way to do it.

2 Likes

No, that’s a work around.
The function that’s missing is “Import H-Connector from H-block” when inside the schematic, just as you can “Import H-pin from scheamtic” when you’re editing the H-block.

1 Like

OK.
Never mind. The fact is the function is not implemented (yet?) not a non-working function, isn’t it?

is this functionality still missing? super annoying, especially since eeschema can’t have multiple sheets displayed at once.