LCD I2C module schematic

Hi all
In a project involving Arduino I’m using a 16x02 LCD module and a I2C module in order not to have too many digital channels used on the board. Is there a schematic for this module?

Cheers

I think you are in the wrong forum. This forum is for designing PCBs using Kicad. We don’t keep schematics of random boards that are on sale.

You should ask the seller of the module, or search the Internet for tutorials on how to use this module.

Actually I have a similar one on the back of my LCD module. You don’t need the schematic to use it. All you need is to know the I2C address, and the I2C speed tier it uses (which you can probably find out from researching the chip used on it), and perhaps whether it’s 5V or 3.3V. The 4 lines for power, SCL and SDA should be well marked near the pins. For driving it there are many Arduino libraries.

3 Likes

What an awful response.
Btw I have just noticed that I skipped a word… I’m looking for the schematic symbol of that module.

I forgive you both :slight_smile:

If you don’t find a ready made symbol right away, it’s usually quicker to make your own than continue searchig. Many (most) KiCad users would probably use just a generic connector symbol and would name the pins.

2 Likes

I suspect what you mean is you want a symbol and a footprint. It’s similar to a question posed by another reader about a switching boost regulator. The answer is there is no standard because module manufacturers are not required to adhere to any, except perhaps in the spacing of the LCD pins, which are dictated by the 1602 module.

All you need to do is buy the one you intend to use, then get out your calipers and measure the dimensions and positions of the pins and you can create a footprint. As for the pinouts, you’ll have to consult the 1602 LCD module that matches it. The I2C pins are labelled.

2 Likes

Did you try to search for a schematic? Ton of results on google.
“i2c lcd schematic” :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you all for the replies.

Well if we suggest that the user makes their own footprints and schematics then we might as well link to tutorials to get them started:

2 Likes

Incidentally if you just want an I2C to GPIO expander rather than specifically to drive a 1602 LCD, the chip usually used is the TI PCF8574, which just converts I2C to 8 parallel outputs, and you can design that chip onto your own board.

https://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/pcf8574.pdf

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.