Layout a few instances of the same part of schematic

Hi,
I have a schematic, having four instances (separate signal channels) of the same schematic file.
Of course, components in them have different RefDes, but if I change something in a schematic of one of them, the change appears in all of them.
I made manually a component placement and a layout of one channel and want to make other three to be exactly as this one. How to do this?

Other option: I made a placement and layout of one channel manually on F.Cu (front side, component side, CS), and want one more near it to look exactly the same, but two more channels I want to be located on the B.Cu layer (back side, print side, PS) below the first two channels (), where they should have a mirrored view as a whole channel. How to do this?
Thank you

You should be able to do it with this plugin:
KiCad Action Plugin(s)

Dave Thomas recently started on writing a manual for the Replicate Layout plugin.
The discussion is on: Need help using replicate_layout plugin

He made a first draft of a tutorial to use this plugin. Direct link : https://forum.kicad.info/uploads/short-url/5jkqReBNQGG1sMrq6WtEKUYrfnp.pdf

I got it to work with this pdf, and was pretty much impressed by it’s capabilities.

As others have pointed out Replicate layout is a tool you are looking for.

This is currently not supported in the plugin. You can replicate on F.Cu and then select complete channel (tracks, zones, footprints) and flip and move it manually.

1 Like

Hi,
I can tell you how I did without plugin (because I did not know it exist!)
I place the components manually regarding to my schematic (8 instances), but then I Duplicate tracks and via only (by using the filter selection). I was amazed to discover kicad changed automaticaly the net ID of the copied tracks.

Seeing both solution in the Kicad doc will be nice.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.