Layer stack render

I’m setting up a layer stack where the outer layers are more unity than the center layer.

I know it’s not important, but I remember that I changed the thickness of the PCB to 0.8 and if I change it in the render, it still doesn’t do the correct stacking. It’s not important, but it would be nice if you could do it.

You can see in the image that the layers are evenly distributed

I think I can confirm this.

I made a 6-layer PCB with the settings below in **PCB Editor / file / Board Setup / Board Stackup / Physical Stackup **

By default all the dielectic layers were 1.51mm, which would have resulted in a quite thick PCB.
Then I changed the core in the middle to 2mm, and two layers of prepreg with a thickness of 0.2mm. I think this somewhat resembles a common PCB stackup. (Even though it’s still quite thick).

I had the 3D viewer open, and when I confirm the layer stackup in the board setup, I can see the thickness in the 3D view change, but all the layers have the same thickness. I see no change between the 2mm and the 0.2mm layer.

And while I do agree it’s a small thing, It’s probably also easy to fix, and being able to verify the layer stackup in the 3D viewer is a good thing. The more realistic it is, the better.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.