Latest nightly symbols missing 6.0

I was using version 5.99 and apparently the number finally changed to 6.0. I had been using the “Lite” download after using the full download the first time. I installed and all my 3d parts were gone, so I re-installed and checked all the symbols options and that works. But I went to create a new project and now I get a few hundred lines like this:

Errors loading symbols:
Error loading symbol library 4xxx.
Library file ‘C:\Program Files\KiCad\6.0\share\kicad\symbols\4xxx.kicad_sym’ not found.
Error loading symbol library 4xxx_IEEE.
Library file ‘C:\Program Files\KiCad\6.0\share\kicad\symbols\4xxx_IEEE.kicad_sym’ not found.
Error loading symbol library 74xGxx.
Library file ‘C:\Program Files\KiCad\6.0\share\kicad\symbols\74xGxx.kicad_sym’ not found.
Error loading symbol library 74xx.
Library file ‘C:\Program Files\KiCad\6.0\share\kicad\symbols\74xx.kicad_sym’ not found.
Error loading symbol library 74xx_IEEE.
Library file ‘C:\Program Files\KiCad\6.0\share\kicad\symbols\74xx_IEEE.kicad_sym’ not found.
Error loading symbol library Amplifier_Audio.
Library file ‘C:\Program Files\KiCad\6.0\share\kicad\symbols\Amplifier_Audio.kicad_sym’ not found.
Error loading symbol library Amplifier_Buffer.
Library file ‘C:\Program Files\KiCad\6.0\share\kicad\symbols\Amplifier_Buffer.kicad_sym’ not found.
Error loading symbol library Amplifier_Current.
Library file ‘C:\Program Files\KiCad\6.0\share\kicad\symbols\Amplifier_Current.kicad_sym’ not found.
Error loading symbol library Amplifier_Difference.
Library file ‘C:\Program Files\KiCad\6.0\share\kicad\symbols\Amplifier_Difference.kicad_sym’ not found.
Error loading symbol library Amplifier_Instrumentation.
Library file ‘C:\Program Files\KiCad\6.0\share\kicad\symbols\Amplifier_Instrumentation.kicad_sym’ not found.

Do I have to re-install the full 1gb download nightly instead of lite again?

It’s not necessary to download the libraries again, but you have to change and/or reconfigure something. As you can see, you now have both 5.99/ and 6.0/ folders in program files. The libraries were installed to 5.99. When you installed 6.0RC1 lite, it didn’t install libraries to 6.0/. Check the Preferences -> Configure Paths settings and point the variables to the paths where the libraries are. You can of course copy or move the libraries locally under 6.0/, or you can point them to the old 5.99/ if you want to keep them there.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.