I must apologize for my keyboard error. Here is the complete question:
I am using a Mac running OS X 10.11.6 I am a KiCad newbie but have used it for a small number pf boards. I became excited to see:
1. a video from CERN demonstrating the use of a spice simulator within KiCad, and
2. the release of the new component symbol library and footprints in 17 December 2017
Wanting to take advantage of both spice simulation and the new, well organized libraries, I downloaded and installed the 2017-12-16 nightly build, revision 845ca5f. However, I have run into the following problem.
I seem to be unable to get KiCad to use the new libraries. I have done the following:
- Downloaded the new symbol library to the
- Downloaded the new footprints to
- Set KICAD_PTEMPLATES to /Users/peter/CAD/Electronics/KiCad/template
- Set KICAD_SYMBOL_DIR to /Users/peter/CAD/Electronics/KiCad/KiCad-Library/kicad-symbols
- Set KICUSTOMMOD to /Users/peter/CAD/Electronics/KiCad/KiCad-Library/kicad-footprints
- Set KIGITHUB to https://github.com/KiCad
When I start Eeschema and click on the "Preferences" and then "Manage Symbol Library Tables", all I see in the "Schematic Library Tables" window is a list of legacy symbols. The window refers to /Users/peter/Library/Preferences/kicad/sym-lib-table. Is this normal?
Also, in the "Path Segment" window, KICAD_SYMBOL_DIR is set as shown above.
What am I missing? What am I doing wrong? Your help would be appreciated.
Thanks in Advance,